Friday, January 18, 2008

New Years Day Close Call

Hello everyone. it's Friday morning. One of my favorite times of the week. It's my time to get up early, make my house warm, sit on the couch, blog, and drink coffee before my long day in the studio begins. Ahhh, a break.

This post is alittle delayed but I still am going to share:
Reason #1,000,000 I am so glad to live with another Southern bell. On new years day in the South you eat black eyed peas for good luck. Everyone does it! (I should do some research on that.hmmm) I had almost forgotten to eat my peas till Haylie remembered and saved us from a whole 365 days of misfortune. Haylie made the most delicious black eyed pea salad I have ever eaten. It was amazing! It is also a tradition in my family to eat greens on the first day of the year to ensure finical luck. Thank goodness my mom smuggled some in my suitcase from my trip home. Haylie wasn't a big fan but she poked some in so not to be poor this year.

No comments: